A comprehensive manual for those reaching the end of life, and for their friends, relatives, advocates and caretakers. Abraham describes in detail the challenges faced by those who wish to avoid months or years of painful treatment after losing hope of ever recovering any reasonable quality of life.
- the nature of physical death;
- the legal documents to clarify one’s wishes;
- the need for a strong advocate to have the patient’s wishes honored;
- moral issues that must be considered;
- means of dying painlessly once the decision is made.
- And much more, including how to respond to reluctant doctors, and the value of humor in communicating with a dying patient.
CLICK HERE for Book Excerpts:
How To Get The Death You Want: A Practical and Moral Guide